On the surface, a facial seems like a splurge. All you have to do is cleanse, tone, exfoliate and slap on a mask. As with most things in life, if something seems simple it is only because someone skilled is moving the action. Brickell Cosmetic Center & Spa offers top of the line facials treatments that are worth every penny. Let us look at why we need a skin care specialist to make it look so easy.
1. No matter how much the shop girl behind the cosmetic counter at the mall swears she is an expert, she truly doesn’t know skin. Most of us do not leave the house without a bit of makeup making it hard to know the nature of our skin from a quick glance. With the proper equipment in a sterile location, we can lay our skin bare and receive an expert opinion in the process. A facial lasts about an hour, which is ample time for the skin care specialist to learn your skin’s secrets.
2. We have all heard of household ingredients that make excellent exfoliants. A pinch of salt with honey should work wonders. However, the pressure has to be just right to protect the skin and create results.
3. Blackheads might be evil. Extraction is a delicate process. The skin has to be loosened up before proceeding and then a person must know how hard to dig. At the very worst, you can create a scar and at the best, you create tears. Both defeat the purpose of doing a facial in the first place. Let a professional make this step easier and safer.
4. Even oily skin needs hydration, but the moisture level may be hard to decipher on our own. Sensitive skin may not need as much or acne prone skin may need a precise amount. A professional skin care therapist takes the guesswork out of measurement.
5. We can stand over a pot of boiling water to achieve the benefits of steam or we could let a machine do it without the chance of getting burned. Steam increases circulation and gets the blood moving which helps our skin receive nutrients leaving us looking younger.
6. Cancer is a scary word, but it is a reality. Skin cancer is on the rise and someone who is trained in detection can give you an early warning. Moles do not form overnight, but some skin cancers can just be an imperceptible as a stubborn patch of dry skin. Skin care specialists provide a second pair of eyes that are far more skilled than our own.
7. Nothing is more relaxing than a facial. A massage comes close, but a facial has results on which everyone can complement you.
8. A professional can offer the greatest skincare advice. They see hundreds of faces a year and know skin. It is almost certain they have not seen a skin problem without a simple solution.
Come visit us, ask about our different facial treatments. Discover healthy, and beautiful skin.