Most of us relish the wisdom that comes with age, but not the physical effects. As women, we have historically advanced through our looks. Now in the modern age, we use our brains more yet still want to have beauty in our back pocket. The inevitable question is when the best time to prevent aging is?
Dermatologists recommend preventative care in our twenties. Most of us are living by ourselves and starting careers for the first time, which leads to intense stress. During this time, we are setting up habits that will carry us throughout adulthood. Lack of sleep equals more coffee, wanting to look glamorous over cocktails could mean dragging on a smoke or wearing not sunscreen on a regular basis to look tan and therefore appear relaxed.
Stay out of the sun, quit smoking and make regular sleep a habit. These three preventative actions alone will reduce the risk of aging more than 10xs the amount expected from our peers who tan, smoke and rely on caffeine to stay awake. Though we think it will never happen, there will come a day to pay for the carelessness of youth.
Fine lines begin popping up in our 30s. Many of us panic during this time and resort to anything the media tells us will work. This timeframe is where preventative measures in our twenties will come in handy. With that being said, there are many options available to combat aging. Plastic surgery is more readily available now than any other time in history. However, most of us are opting for non-surgical procedures. My favorite weapon to combat aging is the non-surgical facelift. This procedure battles the sins of my twenties and helps my skin cope with future challenges.
Women 40+ face the obstacle of deep wrinkles. This advancing of the enemy is where the battle lines are drawn. There is no turning back. Measures must begin. Brickell Cosmetic Center & Spa offers dermal fillers, lasers and chemical peels to restore the appearance of youth. Make an appointment today to restore your youth.
On the surface, a facial seems like a splurge. All you have to do is cleanse, tone, exfoliate and slap on a mask. As with most things in life, if something seems simple it is only because someone skilled is moving the action. Brickell Cosmetic Center & Spa offers top of the line facials treatments that are worth every penny. Let us look at why we need a skin care specialist to make it look so easy.
1. No matter how much the shop girl behind the cosmetic counter at the mall swears she is an expert, she truly doesn’t know skin. Most of us do not leave the house without a bit of makeup making it hard to know the nature of our skin from a quick glance. With the proper equipment in a sterile location, we can lay our skin bare and receive an expert opinion in the process. A facial lasts about an hour, which is ample time for the skin care specialist to learn your skin’s secrets.
2. We have all heard of household ingredients that make excellent exfoliants. A pinch of salt with honey should work wonders. However, the pressure has to be just right to protect the skin and create results.
3. Blackheads might be evil. Extraction is a delicate process. The skin has to be loosened up before proceeding and then a person must know how hard to dig. At the very worst, you can create a scar and at the best, you create tears. Both defeat the purpose of doing a facial in the first place. Let a professional make this step easier and safer.
4. Even oily skin needs hydration, but the moisture level may be hard to decipher on our own. Sensitive skin may not need as much or acne prone skin may need a precise amount. A professional skin care therapist takes the guesswork out of measurement.
5. We can stand over a pot of boiling water to achieve the benefits of steam or we could let a machine do it without the chance of getting burned. Steam increases circulation and gets the blood moving which helps our skin receive nutrients leaving us looking younger.
6. Cancer is a scary word, but it is a reality. Skin cancer is on the rise and someone who is trained in detection can give you an early warning. Moles do not form overnight, but some skin cancers can just be an imperceptible as a stubborn patch of dry skin. Skin care specialists provide a second pair of eyes that are far more skilled than our own.
7. Nothing is more relaxing than a facial. A massage comes close, but a facial has results on which everyone can complement you.
8. A professional can offer the greatest skincare advice. They see hundreds of faces a year and know skin. It is almost certain they have not seen a skin problem without a simple solution.
Come visit us, ask about our different facial treatments. Discover healthy, and beautiful skin.
A manicure is a mini indulgence to let the world know you care about appearance and yourself. Our nails can get chipped cleaning, typing and through just plain living. Without thinking about it, we use our hands to express ourselves. Through hand gestures and shaking hands, we express ourselves with our ten digits. There is no better way to give the best impression than with a pop of color and well-groomed nails.
Nail color is the easiest way to develop a signature look. Ever since a so purple it is black polish came out four years ago, my nails have not known another color. I love how dark the color is and how white it makes my skin look. If it chips, it is not as noticeable as with a lighter color. When I try out a new color, it inevitably does not look like me. I find this color makes me feel great about myself and sends the message that my glamour is on the darker side, but still just as valid.
A friend of mine does crazy nail art with multiple hues and even images. She scours blogs to see the latest trends. This whimsy is her way of standing out in the world. Her beauty has become her hobby and we all delight in seeing what she comes up with next.
Women spend so much time taking care of other people that a manicure forces us to spend time on ourselves. That sitting in the chair and allowing ourselves to be attended to is one of the greatest stress relievers of the modern age. We can’t go anywhere and are forced to miss calls to preserve the integrity of our mini indulgence. This “me time” reminds us while we are wives and mothers, we still have to put our best hand forward and enjoy an experience that not only makes us feel good about ourselves, but makes others want to shake our hands. Come see the latest colors at Brickell Cosmetic Center & Spa and let us help you make the right impression.
Article by Maureen